Principles and Aims
We are committed to providing a caring, friendly and safe environment. We aim for all children in our school to feel happy, safe and welcome.
- To be safe: children come to school feeling secure and protected from any type of interaction which makes them feel uncomfortable or threatened. They have a sense of individuality and feel part of a school which celebrates diversity and inclusion.
- To feel welcome: children feel part of a community and have a sense of belonging.
- To be happy: children are engaged, feel positive emotions and feel valued.
Our school fosters and celebrates positive relationships by creating a positive culture where pupils feel confident and supported to share concerns and views whether these relate to themselves or others.
Our school’s policy towards bullying is of “zero tolerance”. All members of the school community will know what bullying behaviour looks like. When bullying behaviour occurs, all members of the school community will come forward and share the information which has caused them concern enabling the school to take the concern seriously. We want pupils to understand the impact their behaviour, actions and lack thereof has on them and others so that they grow as responsible and empathetic young people.
Targets and Outcomes
- To develop a positive student culture
- To establish anti-bullying ethos in the school through the school values.
- To prevent bullying by raising awareness with all members of school community ensuring they have a clear understanding of what bullying behaviour is.
- To ensure that all members of the school community know and understand the school policy on bullying and follow the established procedures when bullying is suspected or reported.
- To ensure that all pupils are confident and understand their obligation to report bullying if they feel they are being bullied or witness bullying towards another student.
- To involve students actively in developing the anti-bullying ethos in the school.
- To be reflective and adapt practice based on experience