IT systems in school are designed to help ensure students safety online by restricting web sites that might be dangerous and by providing a secured school intranet. However, users are responsible for their own security and for observing the following precautions when working online.
You must not:
- give personal information such as address or phone number to strangers
- tell your login to anyone else
- use a 'nickname' that includes your personal name or your age
- believe everything you read online
- use webcams with strangers
- arrange to meet a stranger
- post personal photos in public areas
- accept or post insults in any form (text, photo or video)
- answer messages from unknown sources
- click on silly adverts or obviously download inappropriate links.
- tell your parents if anything you have seen or read bothers or disturbs you
- limit the amount of time you spend on the internet, chatting, playing games etc.
- turn on safe filters when searching the internet
- socialise with real friends not just 'virtual' ones
- keep your school email address for school use only.