Be the best you can be
We offer a unique opportunity to work at the oldest British school in Spain and the only British Council school in the world. We have an impressive track record as pioneers of delivering a bilingual curriculum. The Spanish state bilingual schools project was based on our model and is now firmly established across Spain. We are now also serving as the model for the British Council Global Schools’ project.
We are extremely proud that the British Council School has become the first British school in Spain to receive the highest rating in all areas of the British Schools Overseas (BSO) inspection in 2015 and 2018.
What benefits do we offer?
- Attractive salaries in line with, or above, industry standards.
- Scholarships for children of staff members.
- An extensive welcome and integration programme to help new teachers and their families settle into Madrid.
- Professional development opportunities for teaching staff.
- Free bus travel to and from school.
- Subsidised English or Spanish language courses.
- Access to our school nurses, free annual health check-ups and flu vaccines.
- Discounted meals in our canteen.
- Gym membership.
- The opportunity to belong to a private health insurance company at reduced rates.