Be the best you can be
An incredible opportunity to join the first British school to open its doors Spain over 80 years ago, the British Council School. We have an impressive track record as pioneers of delivering a bilingual curriculum. The Spanish state bilingual schools project was based on our model and is now firmly established across Spain. We are also the model for the British Council Partner School.
We are extremely proud that the British Council School has become the first British school in Spain to receive the highest rating in all areas of the British Schools Overseas (BSO) inspection in 2015 and 2018.
What benefits do we offer?
- Attractive salaries in line with, or above, industry standards.
- Scholarships for children of staff members.
- An extensive welcome and integration programme to help new teachers and their families settle into Madrid.
- Professional development opportunities for teaching staff.
- Free bus travel to and from school.
- Subsidised English or Spanish language courses.
- Free annual health check-ups and flu vaccines.
- Subsidied meals at a reasonable price in our canteen.
- Reduced price at a local gym
- Private health insurance company at reduced rates.