Going beyond bilingual
We recognise that our students will be stepping out into a globalised world where the ability to speak more than one language will give them a head start.
Languages are at the heart of our school. Our pupils:
- speak Spanish as a first language
- learn in English at the same level as students in the UK
- study French for at least five years
- can choose to study Mandarin from Year 9
- can choose to study German from Year 10
- can choose to learn further languages at our after school club.
Learning another language goes far beyond just being able to communicate in that language – you learn another way of thinking. Our pupils develop an enriched, more complex personality and an enhanced capacity for further language learning. They also have a greater openness to new cultural experiences.