We have two in-house counsellors to support parents, teachers and pupils throughout their time with us.
In Early years we focus on:
- detecting and supporting speech issues
- attention and concentration skills
- family support issues.
In Primary we focus on:
- learning needs
- personal support
- family support.
In Year 6 and Secondary, counsellors:
- lead the personal, social and health education (PSHE) programme
- counsel pupils individually
- analyse test results
- provide study skills programmes
- lead the CEM (University of Durham) tests on attitude and aptitude in Year 9
- give personal feedback to parents.
School mediation team
We are pioneers in peaceful conflict resolution. Members of our staff have been trained at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid to help students act as intermediaries and solve problems and conflicts amongst themselves.