Integration, wellbeing and care
Our family system is similar to the British style house system described in the Harry Potter books. All pupils age 5 to 18 belong to one of six families. Each family is led by a Family Leader, a teacher who is responsible for the wellbeing of their pupils.
We were the first school in Spain to introduce a system of this kind.
What are the benefits of our family system?
- Students from the same family help each other and work as a team, increasing feelings of belonging, solidarity and tolerance.
- It makes the transition through the school stages easier.
- Younger children benefit from the support and experience of older children.
- Older children thrive on the responsibility of a mentoring role.
- Family leaders form long-lasting relationships with pupils as they move through the school.
- Forming relationships with children of all ages promotes social skills.
- Sports tournaments between families fosters a healthy sense of competition.
- Pupils of all ages appreciate the importance of belonging to a meaningful community and forming lasting bonds amongst their peers.