Our skilled and creative teachers enjoy working and living in Spain and welcome the opportunity to work collaboratively in this bilingual and bicultural context.
The English national curriculum is taught by native English speakers (or equivalent fluency) with proven experience teaching the curriculum. Spanish Language and Spanish Social Studies are taught by teachers with ample experience in the Spanish national curriculum.
- All of our teachers have:
- An undergraduate degree
- A Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Masters Degree in Education, or equivalent graduate or postgraduate Teaching Qualification
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) (UK teachers only)
- Two years teaching experience
- English and Spanish native speakers, or with language competencies comparable to first language English/ Spanish communicators
- Undergone extensive background checks as part of their onboarding process, including UK Government Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance, UK Department for Education Barring Lists, as well three work experience references, and Spanish Certificado de Antecedentes Penales and Certificado de Delitos de Naturaleza Sexual (equivalent of British Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checks)
- Child Protection Self Declaration.
We have a strong link with Roehampton University for training and continuous evaluation of teacher performance. We also have a partnership agreement with the Buckinghamshire Learning Trust, and have become a certified training center for teachers undergoing mandatory training to obtain Qualified Teacher Status in the UK.