Our Bilingual Baby Club supports parents in creating a bilingual environment in the home for children.
The British Council School has been developing a number of initiatives in response to the interest and requests of our parents for support in creating a bilingual environment in the home for children and babies.
We have heard our families’ growing concerns about managing the learning of more than one language at home. The Early Years’ team is leading the way with our new pilot project, the Bilingual Baby Club (BBC), which combines:
- supporting parents and carers
- supporting bilingualism in very early years, in a safe and resource-rich environment.
Who is it for?
This Bilingual Baby Club (BBC) is open to all - whether you have children at the British Council School or not.
The BBC has been designed to create opportunities for parents and carers of children between 14 and 36 months of age who would like to take advantage of the expertise and resources of the British Council School.
Our BBC is not a day care service, but a carefully and professionally designed space and set of stimulating and fun activities for parents to enjoy with their children, in English, and under the guidance of our specialised teaching staff.
All children attending BBC will be accompanied by an adult who would like to become more confident at leading their child’s learning through play, and witness the first steps in their child’s social and communicative development.
What does it consist of?
We hope to build on their knowledge of supporting the development of their children, within the frame work of the Early Years Foundation Stage. This framework reflects the rapid growth and development rate of children at this stage, and how to ensure that the academic objectives are providing the best possible start in life.
The programme is centred around the 7 areas of development: 3 prime areas of personal, social and emotional development, physical development, communication and language; and the 4 specific areas of literacy, maths, understanding the world, and expressive arts and design.
It will be an active and flexible programme, adapting to the ever changing needs of its participants. The bespoke activities and resources will reflect the monthly objectives, and the varying developmental and communicative abilities, needs and interests of the children.
What is the timetable?
- You can attend the BBC once or twice a week.
- 90 minutes once or twice per week in Early Years in Somosaguas and in the Infant School in del Viso - contact us to find out the schedules in each centre.
What does it cost?
- A termly fee of 740€ for two sessions per week, or 440€ for one session per week.
- The registration fee is 250€ for this first course, which will be discounted from the enrolment fee for Pre-Nursery o Nursery in the following academic period 2016/2017.
How can I sign up?
- Places will be limited to a maximum of 10 and a minimum of 5 children per group.
- Registration will be open to children born in or before July 2016. The registration of younger babies is subject to availability.
- Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis, although the following children will be given preference: Brothers and sisters of current school students; Children and grandchildren of School alumni.
If you are interested in finding out more about this new initiative, please confirm your attendance by contacting Piedad Huelves (Piedad.firstname.lastname@example.org) or AdmisionesColegio@britishcouncil.es.
We look forward to seeing you soon!